Wednesday 8 August 2012

Blood donation

On 07-08-2012, during the lunch break, one of my friends asked me "Is there anyone one belong to O positive blood group?", in the college. Of course, I reply positively, as I'm O +ve. He said, someone needs blood urgently and they had arranged one more guy, Ram Kumar from Civil Engineering department. 

In the hospital...
We both went to Kurinji Hospital, where we were supposed to meet Ms. Sasikala, whose father is in need of blood transfusion for a minor surgical operation. Later, we came to know that, she was our super senior and her father met with an accident about a month before. Then, she added that, her father's wish was to make her an IAS officer and she was preparing for that. We wished her to reach great heights.

After donating blood:
In the blood bank, we filled the forms given by them. Then, a person there asked me to rest on the bed. On seeing the needle, I got little scared. But, the pain was not, as much, as I expected. It was just like a mosquito bite. After donating blood, I felt no change. Then, they asked, whether am I feeling anything like drowsy and gave some juices. Then, we both came out from the hospital.

Save a life:
Donating blood saves a life. I'm proud to be a donor. I should say, it is mutually beneficial. After donating blood, our body regenerates new blood, which in turn is good for health. I'm fulfilled with the joy of saving a life, on that day.

1 comment:

You can leave your comment...